Wednesday, December 14, 2011

15,000 Days

My name is Robin Viray, and I am 30 years old.

If I were to write a book, I would call it 15,000 Days. We all know that life is short, but sometimes we need to be reminded as to just how short life is. The average American lives to be about 82 years old. 82 years is about 30,000 days. Out of those 30,000 days, we typically spend one-third of the time awake, another third working, and the rest of the time sleeping. If you are 41 and you are reading this, you may only have 15,000 days left… if that. 15,000 days will come and go whether you live your dreams or not. 15,000 days may or may not be given to you. I wonder what would happen if we were only given one more day? If we choose just to be grateful for that one day, I believe that we may be more at peace, knowing that that one extra day would be enough.

6 comments:

  1. I think I would name your book the "Book of Revelations" I'm just saying. lol XOXO love you cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I think that there already is a popular book with a chapter on that. Hahaha! Thanks for visiting my page! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on this new venture. I've often thought you should take the plunge and start a blog. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thank you! As you can see, I actually started it in November 2009 but did not make my first post until last week. My reluctance is due to the fact that I'm already on cyberspace enough as it is (see above: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc) and blogging would just add another channel to an already congested cyberlife. My reasoning to do so now is as follows:
    1. My pastor specifically asked me and my fellow associate pastor to begin blogging (see above: "The Sharper Edge" and "The Journey Of A Son"
    2. Exploring the other blogs such as yours, my pastors, and my other friends' inspired me to make mine appealing as well
    3. Blogging allows for more of a personal, intimate way of understanding each writer; many times allowing an outlet of revelation to occur so as to gain an inside look of the mind of the writer.
    4. I believe I will learn more about myself through each blog entry, bringing more value to the marketplace, and the world at large.
    5. It's fun! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should write a book! Even if you keep it online. Do it (peer pressure) DO IT....

    ReplyDelete